The Tag Groups plugin allows you to organize your WordPress taxonomy terms and show them in clouds, tabs, accordions, tables, lists and much more. You can customize your term displays with a huge number of options and use them in posts, pages, blocks, or shortcodes.
All the Features in Tag Groups
The Free version of the Tag Groups plugin comes with the following features. All of these features are available as both shortcodes and also Gutenberg blocks.
- Tag List: Tags appear in columns, sorted into groups. View demos.
- Tabbed Tag Cloud: A tag cloud where tags are sorted into groups that appear in tabs. View demos.
- Accordion Tag Cloud: A tag cloud where tags are sorted into vertically stacked accordion groups. View demos.
- Alphabetical Tag Cloud: Tags are sorted alphabetically by first letter under tabs. View demos.
- Alphabetical Tag Index: Tag appear in columns, sorted alphabetically by first letter. View demos.
- Post List: Display posts with a specific tag or in a particular tag group. View demos.
The Pro version of the Tag Groups plugin also has these extra features:
- Tag Cloud: This is an advanced version of a traditional Tag Cloud, with many customization options. View demos.
- Table Tag Cloud: This feature organizes tags in a table, with groups as headers. View demos.
- Shuffle Box: This is a tag cloud that allows you to filter the tags by their names or by their tag groups. View demos.
- Tag Cloud Search: Add a search box to any of our static tag displays: Cloud, Tabs, Accordion, or Table. View demos.
- Toggle Post Filter: This allows users to dynamically search for posts that have tags they choose. View demos.
- Dynamic Post Filter: This aallows users to dynamically search for posts via a dropdown menu showing tags. View demos.
Tag Groups Pro
Upgrade to Tag Groups Pro
This plugin is the free version of TaxoPress. The Pro version of Tag Groups has extra features and expert support. Click here to organize your terms with the Tag Groups Pro plugin now!
Why Organize Terms Into Groups?
Most WordPress sites mix up terms into one big messy group. In most cases, terms should actually be separated by topics: places, people, features, years and more.
Your term however, will become much more useful if you organize them in groups. Imagine a tag cloud where all places appear in a « Places » group, all names under « Names » and all years under « Years ». The Tag Groups plugin lets you do exactly that.
The plugin gives you many term displays. You can also customize them, append or prepend something to each tag. You can add separators, choose the link target, set the smallest and the largest font size, display the post count and much more.
Does Tag Groups Only Work With Tags?
No. Tag Groups works also great with most other (flat) taxonomies, such as WooCommerce product tags.
The plugin does not support hierarchical taxonomies like categories.
Does Tag Groups Work with Multilingual Websites?
Yes, this plugin is officially compatible with WPML, the WordPress Multilingual plugin. This means you can use a different tag group name for each language.
Tag Groups Pro
Upgrade to Tag Groups Pro
This plugin is the free version of TaxoPress. The Pro version of TaxoPress has extra features and expert support. Click here to organize, optimize and showcase your content with TaxoPress now!
The TaxoPress and Tag Groups plugins
TaxoPress is developed by the same team that support the popular TaxoPress plugin. Together Tag Groups and TaxoPress are an excellent solution for organizing and displaying your site’s content.
Tag Groups Bug Reports
Bug reports for Tag Groups are welcomed in our repository on GitHub. Please note that GitHub is not a support forum, but a place to report bugs in the plugn that can be replicated outside of a single site.
Follow the TaxoPress team
Cette extension fournit 5 blocs.
- Tabbed Tag Cloud
- Accordion Tag Cloud
- Alphabetical Tag Cloud
- Tag List
- Alphabetical Tag Index
Find the plugin in the list at the backend and click to install it. Or, upload the ZIP file through the admin backend. Or, upload the unzipped tag-groups folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
The plugin will create a new menu « Tag Groups » and a submenu « Tag Group Admin » in the Post section (depending on the chosen taxonomy) where you find the tag groups. After you have created some groups, you can edit your tags (or other terms) and assign them to one of these groups. A filter and a bulk action menu are available on the Tags page and you also find a filter on the Posts pages.
The tabbed tag cloud (or an accordion containing the tags) can be inserted with a shortcode or a Gutenberg block. Options are listed under the « Tag Groups » main menu.
How Can I Start Using Tag Groups?
After activating the plugin, you will be guided by an optional setup wizard.
First you create groups that will contain your tags. Then you sort your tags into these groups. You can later always come back and modify the groups or change the tags. You don’t even need any groups if you prefer to show your tags sorted by alphabet.
Filters and bulk actions make your work with tags much easier, and you can even filter the list of posts in your backend by the groups that their tags belong to.
What are Possible Applications of Tag Groups?
- Display your tags grouped by language or by topic.
- Create an alphabetical index of your tags – think of a phone book for your tags.
- Display only tags of selected groups in a tag cloud.
- Choose which tags to display in different sections of your blog.
- Change the sorting order in your tag cloud.
- Customize the links, the text, the font size or the separator of your tag cloud items.
- Prepend or append to each tag a custom character or the post count.
- Insert into each post a tag cloud using only the tags of this post.
- Easily manage huge amounts of tags or posts in the backend by dividing them into groups.
- Add a parent level to tags and make them hierarchical.
Please use one of the shortcodes or Gutenberg blocks that come with the Tag Groups plugin. Since we cannot change the code of templates or other plugins, there is no possibility to make them aware of the new structure where tags are organized in groups.
Contributeurs & développeurs
« Tag Groups is the Advanced Way to Display Your Taxonomy Terms » est un logiciel libre. Les personnes suivantes ont contribué à cette extension.Contributeurs
“Tag Groups is the Advanced Way to Display Your Taxonomy Terms” a été traduit dans 3 locales. Remerciez l’équipe de traduction pour ses contributions.
Traduisez « Tag Groups is the Advanced Way to Display Your Taxonomy Terms » dans votre langue.
Le développement vous intéresse ?
Parcourir le code, consulter le SVN dépôt, ou s’inscrire au journal de développement par RSS.
[2.0.3] – 24 May 2023
- Fixed: [tag_groups_post_list] shortcode tag parameter not working with custom taxonomy tags, #86
- Fixed: Fatal error with post count, #69
- Fixed: Tag groups shortcode causing fatal error, #85
- Fixed: Remove Broken documentation links in Gutenberg blocks, #88
- Fixed: Remove « Try Premium » link, #76
- Updated: TAG GROUPS Spanish translation April 2023 update, #70
- Updated: TAG GROUPS French translation April 2023 update, #74
[2.0.2] – 12 Apr 2023
- Update: Update Tag group admin sorting method, #52
- Update: Move « search for settings » on settings screens, #47
- Update: Update footer credit, #50
- Update: Update tag group admin « Add New button », #51
- Update: Remove large blank area on Admin screen, #53
- Update: Change top banner to blue color, #46
- Update: Change Upgrade to Pro links, #49
[2.0.1] – 20 Mar 2023
- Update: Accessibility Improvements for settings area, #35
- Update: Update title icons, #31
- Update: Include an « Add New » button for taxonomy groups #34
- Fixed: Small » issue with sidebar promos, #30
- Update: Remove Beta Tester Feedback, #37
[2.0.0] – 28 Feb 2023
- Update: TaxoPress Move and General cleanup
- Update: Added Pro sidebar, #24
- Update: Documentation link updates, #22
- Update: Remove the icons in Gutenberg blocks, #15
- Update: Merge the Tools and Troubleshooting tabs, #12
- Update: Remove 3 tabs from Troubleshooting, #11
- Update: Remove the « About » menu, #10
- Update: Remove freemius dependency, #8
- Updated Freemius SDK to version 2.4.5
- Improved performance by different caching of tag counts.
(premium version only)
- Fixing parameter « header_class » of Alphabetical Tag Index.